ID : N-1091 Date : 2018/01/18 - 10:53
(Persia Digest) – The 13th Organization of Islamic Cooperation Conference has issued a statement to wrap up its work. The statement declares that, while the US insists on its wrongful decision to transfer its embassy to Quds, members of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation who have political and economic ties with the Zionist regime will suspend these.
Other parts of the statement read:
- We welcome the great achievements in defeating Daesh in Iraq and Syria and would like to acknowledge all the Islamic countries, and the IR of Iran in particular, who played a valuable and active role in cooperating with the governments of Iraq and Syria to this end.
- We strongly condemn the US President's racist remarks against nations of other races and ethnic origins and linking Islam to global terrorism. We express our concerns about such mental states that cause disagreements and misunderstandings among nations, religions, and civilizations.
- We strongly condemn the unilateral decision of the US President to declare Quds as the capital of the Zionist Regime (Israel) and consider this a threat to international peace and security and full aggression against the rights of the Palestinian people. This is an unsubstantiated, derogatory move aimed at all Muslims, Christians, and freedom loving people around the world.
- We declare our support for resolving the continued challenges of the Palestinian people. As long as their rights, and in particular the right to return and establish an independent Palestinian state with Quds as its capital, are not realized, we recognize resistance in all forms legitimate Palestinian rights.
- We call on the Inter-Parliamentary Union to cancel the membership of the Zionist Knesset in the Union as a punishment for its violations of international law.
- We declare our deepest concerns about the deteriorating humanitarian situation in Yemen and emphasize the need to focus on a political solution, and facilitate and expedite the delivery of humanitarian assistance throughout Yemen.
As reported by Persia Digest earlier, the 13th Organization of Islamic Cooperation Conference took place in Tehran on 16-17 January 2018.