ID : N-41 Date : 2017/08/09 - 08:49
Persia digest The list of proposed ministers by Hassan Rouhani for his second term was announced to the Islamic Consultative Assembly by the vice-president's parliamentary deputy. Nine ministers from his previous cabinet remain unchanged and eight new ministers have been introduced. Keeping in mind that the Minister of Science, Research, and Technology has not yet been appointed, the possibility of replacements remains at 50% as compared to his previous cabinet.
The biggest changes have taken place at the ministries linked to the economy. Women appointments were expected in this cabinet following requests by various groups, but this is visibly lacking from the list.
Nevertheless, Rouhani has kept his promise of selecting younger appointees by proposing a communications minister 36 years of age. The oldest minister on the list is the present Oil Minister, Bijan Zangeneh, who is 65 with 26 years of ministerial experience. The Iranian President also proposed Dr Eshagh Jahangiri as First Vice President of the twelfth government. Jahangiri was also Rouhani’s First Vice President in his previous cabinet.
As expected, Javad Zarif and Seyed Hassan Ghazizadeh Hashemi have been introduced for the posts of Foreign Minister and Healthcare and Medical Education respectively. The list for the new government is as follows:
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology: Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi
- Ministry of Information: Seyed Mahmoud Alavi
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance: Masoud Karbasian
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Mohammad Javad Zarif
- Ministry of Education: Seyed Mohammad Bathaei
- Ministry of Healthcare and Medical Education: Seyed Hassan Ghazizadeh Hashemi
- Ministry of Cooperatives, Labor, and Social Welfare: Ali Rabi’ei
- Ministry of Agricultural Jihad: Ali Hojjati]
- Ministry of Justice: Alireza Avayi
- Ministry of Defense: Amir Hatami
- Ministry of Roads and Urban Development: Abbas Akhoundi
- Ministry of Industry, Mine, and Trade: Mohammad Sharifi
- Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance: Seyed Abbas Salehi
- Ministry of Interior: Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli
- Oil Ministry: Bijan Zangeneh
- Ministry of Energy: Habibollah Bitaraf
- Ministry of Sports: Masoud Soltanifar
- Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology: Not appointed