(Persia Digest) – At a plenary session of Iran’s Parliament today, Sunday, its BoD proposed ten anti-US plans one of which asks the government to sue Hollywood and the American cinema and television industry for insulting the Iranian nation and history.
Persia Digest (PD) reports that the plans ask the government to:
- Reclaim US and British revenues from Iranian oil following the 1953 CIA led coup in Iran
- Pursue the rights of victims involved in the 1953 coup
- Fine offending executives whose work provokes foreign sanctions
- Support anti-imperialist research centers
- Support the New Horizon Conference
- Ban entry of reporters adhering to US sanctions on Iran
- Lodge a complaint against Hollywood and the American cinema and television industry for insulting the Iranian nation and history
- Disclosure of US military and security information in the West Asian region by the military within the context of their national interests
- Support the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance to produce anti-US movies
- Sanction certain US authorities
The above ten plans must be discussed in Parliament’s plenary session. If they are ratified, they will be sent to the Guardian Council for approval, following which the legislation will be submitted to the cabinet for execution.
► Scientific analysis of challenges of Iran-US relations
► US interference in Iran has shaped present animosity
► Iran Parliament plan to confront possible US cyberattack
► Statue of an American in Iran
Click here for more political news.