Galleries

Sorting by :
Pour-Ashraf Fort in Ilam  (photos)
0 Comments View gallery

Pour-Ashraf Fort in Ilam (photos)

Pour-Ashraf Fort in Sheikh-Makān village is at a distance of 6kms in the southeast of Darreh Shahr village in Ilam Province, western Iran. It was built in 1916 during the Qajar era, under the orders of Mir Seyed Mohammad Khan Pour-Ahsraf. The materials used are mostly rocks; bricks have been used as ornaments. The Fort has been built on three floors, with five towers, and thirty rooms. It was used as a military-residential place.