2K Games takes a closer look at some of the new gameplay improvements in NBA 2K22.
2K has revealed a comprehensive summary of the gameplay improvements for NBA 2K22. The list of great features includes faster gameplay, agile and more direct movement control, more skill-oriented attack, changes to the player editor, and much more.
“From the beginning, we focused on making the gameplay as entertaining and exciting as possible for the release of NBA 2K22, one of the most original sports games of the year,” said Mike Wang, Director of Gameplay at Visual Concepts. “This year – in close collaboration with our community – we’ve narrowed down the core areas where players wanted fundamental changes, and we’ve also implemented new gameplay improvements that make playing this year’s game even better.”
NBA 2K22 includes many new gameplay innovations, including:
- Defense and Defense KI: Completely redesigned systems for defending and blocking throws, significant improvements to basic defensive courses, and much more.
- dribbling: Unique feel and rhythm for different player sizes, much faster pace of play with more precise pitch control and lots of new combos, demolition maneuvers and action sequences.
- game in another: improvements with a host of new content, such as new movement patterns and a whole arsenal of movements with your back to the basket.
- Throw: There is a new throwing indicator that grows dynamically for high-quality throws with good shooting gear, but shrinks for well-defended throws, weak shooters or weary players. NBA 2K22 is focusing more on IQ throwing this year, so teams that work hard to enable open throws and make good throws will hit much better than teams that enforce bad throws.
- Graduation under the basket: The skill level in question will have a much greater impact on under-basket deals this year and players can build their individual inventory using the all-new dunk style editor.
- Builds, badges and unleashes: Modifications for more balanced designs and an increased set of boards to 80 give players a greater impact on the game. In addition, NBA offers 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | s Unlimited exclusive add-ons* that can be unlocked to enhance existing ultimate abilities.
NBA 2K22 will be released on September 10 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
NBA 2K22 Pre-order
“Unapologetic pop culture trailblazer. Freelance troublemaker. Food guru. Alcohol fanatic. Gamer. Explorer. Thinker.”