One of the biggest updates in history Phasmophobia It finally rolled out this afternoon for those using Steam. Notably, this update is referred to as an “Exposition” patch that Kinetic Games has been preparing for some time. Not only does it bring a number of major changes to the game, but it also happens Phasmophobia Closer to its final release 1.0.
When it comes to the major tweaks seen in this new update, Kinetic Games has overhauled the way sprinting works in Phasmophobia. Additionally, a number of new features have been introduced into the game, notably with two new ghosts. A new guide element known as the DOTS Viewer has also been added.
As usual, this patch also does a number of the most common things we’ve come to expect Phasmophobia updates as well. Specifically, Kinetic Games has continued to fix a number of bugs found while modifying items already in the title. Since this is an early access game, after all, many aspects of Phasmophobia It will continue to change over time as the project approaches its “final” state.
If you don’t play Phasmophobia For yourself now, you can currently check it out on PC via Steam. Additionally, you can find the full patch notes for today’s Exposition update attached below.
- Now you can jog 3 seconds faster with a 5 second recharge
- The player’s walking speed has been increased to the old enemy speed
- VR Teleportation: To repeat the run, we have added an inner and outer UI circle to represent the scope of the teleportation (walking/sprinting), its size will be adjusted depending on the distance the player has chosen to teleport
- Increase the acceleration of ghosts while chasing when they can see you
- Reduced ghost hunt delay before it moves from 5 to 3 seconds
- Two types of ghosts have been added; Koryo and Mailing.
- Added new equipment to find a new type of evidence: DOTS Viewer
- Electronic equipment will now alert your ghost location during a chase (sound similar). Turn them off before they hide!
- Hunting now affects all electronic equipment with new sounds and visuals
- Equivalent microphone now lets you hear “supernatural sounds” when pointed at ghosts
- You can now enable Head Bob in Settings
- All equipment (except for the sound sensor) has new images and effects
- New post-processing effects for gamers and CCTV
- Guides for all kinds of ghosts have been changed to make way for two new ghosts and a DOTS projector
- During hunting, equipment and lights will only be affected when you are in stealth range
- Random ghost footsteps can now only be heard with an equivalent microphone
- Glowsticks glow for 30 seconds and then fade over the next 30 seconds
- The spirit box text has been replaced with icons to show if the ghost is responding
- Many voices have been replaced
- The infrared sensor function is integrated into the motion sensor
- Lighting has been improved on most maps
- The Position Helper Object contains new images
- Volumetric illumination on all maps has been optimized to reduce fog
- When playing solo, you no longer have to use Push To Talk for the Spirit Box (if turned off in settings)
- The ghost will no longer be visible at the start of the quest until it starts moving
- The skin color of the player’s hand will now change based on the character you’re playing with
- The tutorial has been updated with the new type of guides and new visuals
- VR: The magazine will now always be kept in the left hand
- The equivalent microphone can now only be used indoors
- Several visual adjustments
- Many UI tweaks
- ‘Show us’ no longer makes the ghost react twice
- Fixed a bug where you could mute a static spirit chest by picking it up with a different object in your hand
- Fixed a bug where only ghost events would reduce host safety
- Fixed a bug where ghost window clicks were not giving interaction guide on most windows
- Fixed a bug where you could make the ghost interact with objects using voice recognition in quick succession
- Fixed a common multiplayer crash for host Asylum in multiplayer mode
- Fixed a bug where you could force the ghost to end the search using voice recognition
- Fixed a bug where you can make the ghost react to things when you’re dead using voice recognition
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t always get a small map on the map selection screen
- Fixed a bug where sensors could not be placed in certain entrances
- Fixed a bug where picking up sensors too quickly would keep them turned on in your hand.
- Fix blockage issues at multiple levels
- Fixed a bug where Danish and Finnish were in the wrong order in language selection
- Fixed a bug where certain ghost animations would only play if you were the host
- Fixed a bug where equipment sounds were broken when caught by a female character
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”