Shazam, the popular program that recognizes a piece of music, can be used from a computer.
Sometimes we hear a song we like but don’t know its name and author. Now, with the help of Shazam, there is no longer a problem: the app will find the song for you! Since Apple acquired the app in 2017, the Cupertino company has kept the app updated before a facelift at the beginning of the year and now has a more modern interface and design. With millions of users, Apple is currently working on a new idea: using Shazam directly on your computer. There is already a supported beta on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on macOS and Chrome OS. If you want to know how to take advantage of this beta, read on.
Use Shazam on your PC
First of all, you have to keep in mind that the owner of Shazam is Apple. So, in theory, the tool is only available to Mac users. However, we will also show you how to enjoy the app on Windows.
Shazam Sur Mak
- go to the Shazam site
- Click on the Shazam logo under “Click to Shazam”
- Allow the use of the microphone
And there you are! The instrument is ready to listen to the song. Once it recognizes it, it displays it on the screen.
Shazam on Windows
- For Windows, you will need to follow these steps:
- Add Chrome Extension User agent switcher and manager click add to chrome
- Open a new tab from the browser extensions icon and find the extension you just added
- Click and in the window that appears and select Mac OS
- Then select one of the options from the list (in our case, we chose the first one)
- Click Apply (active window)
- Using the same tab, go to the Shazam website: www.shazam.com
And there you are! All you have to do is follow the steps given in the Shazam for Mac OS section.
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”