primary

  • Intermarché remembers much of the white Madrange ham due to the risk of food poisoning.
  • A rare but serious disease, botulism is caused by botulinum toxins produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacteria. It can lead to muscle paralysis and difficulty breathing.

If you are an Interarché customer and have recently purchased pork in one of their stores, be wary. On Friday, October 15, the supermarket chain indicated that it was recalling a lot of the Madrange brand. These are packages of lean, defatted, nitrite-free lean pork cooked in a package of three slices.

In question, according to Intermarché, is the level of salt in the unconformed product, which can carry a risk of food poisoning due to a lack of preservation. The bar code for the affected batches is as follows: 3180940089406.

Customers who have purchased such large quantities of pork are encouraged to return them to the store for compensation. The recall campaign started on Wednesday October 13th and will end on Sunday October 24th.

What is food poisoning?

A rare disease caused by eating food contaminated with botulinum toxin produced by bacteria called Clostridium botulinumFood poisoning, according to ANSES (National Agency for Food Safety, Environment and Occupational Health), It is considered the most powerful poison in existence..

Between 2013 and 2016, food poisoning affected 68 people in France, according to the French Public Health Agency. In 2017, 5 patients were identified. A figure that has been declining for nearly 30 years, the incidence of the disease was 0.08 per million inhabitants in 2017 compared to an average of 0.37 per year over the period 1991-2016. Despite these encouraging data, vigilance is required: “Bottom poisoning is still a rare disease in France, but continuous monitoring is necessary in order to early identification of the possible emergence of a new type of toxin or the effects of a new food”, and thus warns public health France.

See also  Uber offers promotions for vaccinated drivers and delivery guysرجال

It also specifies the location Recall.conso.gouvFood poisoning is caused by an “uncontrolled sterilization process”. Symptoms usually appear 12 to 72 hours after eating contaminated food. This is translated into a file “a feeling of blurry vision”, from “ptosis”, from “speech disturbances”, from “Difficulty swallowing”., from Dry mouth and muscle weakness.

Toxins produced by pathogenic bacteria can cause, within 24 hours of eating contaminated food, Gastrointestinal symptoms (diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting) rarely accompanied by feverMore details, government website.

What foods are at risk?

Mortadella, bacon, salted and dried, cold meats (sausages, pies), canned vegetables (such as asparagus, green beans, carrots, peppers, Greek olives, pumpkin, etc.), bacon, beef, salted and dried fish, pickled fish, And finally fermented fish or seal meat, with vacuum packaging, poses a risk of food poisoning if the expiration date has passed or if the preservation process has been altered. Since foods that have not undergone a thorough sterilization process can be dangerous, care should also be taken when eating homemade canned vegetables and homemade or family deli meats.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here