Arturo Herrera He will step down from the Ministry of Finance and Public Debt (SHCP) and be nominated as the new Governor of the Bank of Mexico (Panixiko), President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador announced this Wednesday.
So, we tell you some information you need to know about him.
1. Arturo Herrera Guterres Graduated in Economics from Universidad Autonomous Metropolitana Unidat Istabalaba (UAM-I). He is also an economics teacher from Colgio de Mexico. He is currently a PhD candidate in Economics at New York University.
2. He has played various roles in his career Fees In the World Bank, Private Bank, Mexico City Government and Ministry of Finance.
3. Herrera has also taught courses in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Monetary Policy at the Colgio de Mexico and New York University.
4. He was then Finance Secretary to the Government of the Federal District, Between 2004 and 2006, During the administration of Lopez Obrador as head of the capital government, and in the government of Alejandro Encinas.
5. During his career he was also a co-founder of Grubo Financeio Ixe in the investment banking division.
6. Then, in 2010, he served as Training Manager for the Caribbean for Latin America and the World Bank, as Public Service and Performance Division, until December 2018.
7. In this company Was in charge of the personality division To Southeast Asia.
8. At that time, he joined the Lopez Obrador government as Undersecretary of Finance and Public Debt, in charge of the Undersecretary of Revenue, which he held until mid-2019.
9. On July 9, 2019, after the departure of Carlos Urcia, Herrera formally became head of the SHCP. At that point, he became a “memory” because of his serious face.
10. This Wednesday, Lopez Obrador announced that he was proposing to appoint Herrera as governor of Pansy.