Madrid. – In 2018, at the age of 76 Stephen Hawkinga theoretical physicist, astrophysicist, cosmologist and science reporter, died leaving an important element legacy to the world.
He wrote that he was considered one of the ten smartest people on the planet, with an IQ of 160 Brief history of time. He worked at Cambridge University between 1979 and 2009 teaching mathematics.
His most important work consisted of contributing with Roger Penrose to theories relating to space-time singularities within the framework of general relativity, and the theoretical prediction that black holes would emit radiation, which today is known as radiation from Hawking.
Here we share ten phrases that can reflect part of his thinking:
- “We are running out of space and the only spaces we can go to are other worlds.”
- “We are just an advanced race of apes on a small planet with an average star. But we can understand the universe. And that makes us very special.”
- “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”
“There is no single picture of reality.”
- “I think extraterrestrial life is very common in the universe, although intelligent life is not that common. Some say it has not yet appeared on planet Earth.”
- “If you understand the universe, you control it in some way.”
- “No one can resist the idea of a paralyzed genius.”
- “As horrific as the events of September 11 were, they did not threaten the survival of the human race as do nuclear weapons.”
“The past, like the future, is undetermined and exists only as a set of possibilities.”
- “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.”
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”