Uncharted Legacy of Thieves was announced during the PlayStation presentation in September 2021, and is finally keeping its release date on PS5. See you on January 28, 2022 to discover or rediscover the ultimate adventures of Nathan Drake in Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End as well as Chloé Frazer’s adventures in Uncharted The Lost Legacy in an enhanced compilation of the new Sony console.
Uncharted on PS5 in January 2022
It is through PlayStation Blog Sony and Naughty Dog have released a flurry of information about the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves on PS5. In addition to the release date set for January 29, 2022, we know the various improvements that will accompany this next generation re-release.
- Fidelity Mode: 4K Native game at 30fps.
- Performance Mode: Similar to the last patch on PS4 Pro to take advantage of 60fps.
- A Performance + mode: with 120 frames per second and low image resolution.
- Reduced and almost zero download times.
- 3D audio support.
- Compatibility with DualSense adaptive triggers.
- DualSense touch vibration compatibility.
- The physical and digital version is priced at 49.99 euros. For PS4 players who own Uncharted 4 and/or Uncharted The Lost Legacy, it’s possible to upgrade your games to the next generation for €10.
Uncharted 4 versions introduced as part of PlayStation Plus cannot be updated. You will have to return to the cashier. The same goes for players on PS5 Digital who have a physical copy of the games.
- PC (Steam and Epic Game Store) release early 2022. More info soon.
Immediate withdrawal of Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy from PlayStation Store?
A few minutes after this announcement, Sony angered the PlayStation fan community. As pointed out by our colleagues at home VGCPlayStation has canceled the standalone versions of Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. The purpose of this maneuver is to force players to buy the PS4 bundle so that they don’t take advantage of the update at just €10. It’s a low blow on the publisher’s part that might not pass for many fans.