Federal Consumer Protection Office (Prophet) and the Federal Commission for the Protection against Health Risks (Cofepris) with verification visits at the national level, where 380,000 pieces of products were frozen Kellogg.
It’s some brands like Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies Whey Special K Original in different shows.
And the authorities explained, in a joint statement, that this freeze was made after discovering a lack of commitment in labeling some of the company’s products at the national level.
“As a result of two processes that have been undertaken to ensure transparency and protect the health of the population, A total of 380,149 pieces of products were frozen as a precaution to break the rule Name -051 of food labels.
In this sense, they made clear that in action, Nine thousand and 82 pieces were frozen at 75 points of sale, where visits are made to verify compliance with the standard and to verify that consumers are sufficiently informed about the products they are purchasing.
In the second procedure, which was carried out in the distribution center located in Marquez, QueretarOr, a labeling non-compliance was identified, resulting in 371,067 items of the product being secured.”
These are the products that cannot be sold at the moment in Mexico:
- Cornflakes brand Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
- granulated corn flakes added with vitamins and iron, granulated bread brand Kellogg.
- Puffed rice cereal with vitamins and iron Kellogg’s Rice Krispies.
- Wheat, corn and rice cereal, with vitamins and minerals, natural flavor with whole grain brand Kellogg’s Special K Original.
- Wheat, corn, rice, oatmeal and wheat bran cereal with almonds, vanilla flavor with almonds and natural vanilla essence with whole grains, brand Kellogg’s Special K Equilibrio.
- Wheat, corn, rice, oatmeal and wheat bran cereal with red fruits, vitamins and minerals, blueberry and blackberry flavor with whole grains, brand Kellogg’s Proprietary K Antioxidant.
- Wheat, corn, rice and oatmeal cereal mixed with flakes topped with chocolate flavor and coffee notes latte The Whole Grain Brand Kellogg’s Special K Energy.
In this sense, they explained that these products have since been identified Contains irregularities in their packaging, such as omitting extra calorie stamps or added sugars and providing legends or interactive images on products with warning labels.
“The national regulation obliges the declaration of nutritional information in clear, visible and indelible letters and in contrasting colours. Manufacturers of packaged food and non-alcoholic beverages of Mexican and imported products, which You have an obligation to comply with current regulations‘, they mentioned.
They noted that if consumers discover any product that does not meet these specifications, such as the inclusion of warning seals on the back or sides of products, they are encouraged to report it.
They added, “Cofepris and Profeco maintain product control procedures to ensure proper implementation of this standard, which contributes to protecting people’s health.”
“Unapologetic pop culture trailblazer. Freelance troublemaker. Food guru. Alcohol fanatic. Gamer. Explorer. Thinker.”