ID : N-5462 Date : 2019/05/13 - 14:35
(Persia Digest) - The Iranian Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology has said: “A workgroup has been set up at the National Cyberspace Center to study and adopt the necessary measures against various threats, sanctions, and other scenarios.”
Referring to the unilateral measures taken recently by the US administration, Mohammad-Javad Azari-Jahromi said his ministry “has considered various measures and initiatives to confront US moves such as the removal of some Iranian apps from iPhones.”
“Necessary steps have been taken to counter any measures disconnecting the county's internet. People would soon be informed of the initiatives taken by the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology in this regard,” he said.
► Iran Parliament plan to confront possible US cyberattack
► Iran is ready for the US to disconnect its internet
► Apple blocking Iranian apps in crackdown
► Iranian response to new US sanctions
Persia Digest (PD) reports that simultaneously with US threats to cut off Iran's access to the internet last year, Major General Gholamreza Jalali, Head of the Passive Defense Organization, while playing down the US threats said "This is very unlikely but in case this happens, necessary measures have been taken to protect vital operations inside the country."
On January 27, an exercise titled 'internet disconnection' was to be held in Iran but one day later Azari-Jahromi announced its cancellation.
Click here for more political news.